January 2018 News: Membership Kickoff Meeting and Facility Updates
Happy New Year! We are looking forward to a fantastic 2018 Pool Season!
Members — Membership Kickoff Meeting
Our 2018 Membership Kickoff Meeting is Monday, February 12, at 7:30 p.m. with a makeup day, if necessary, on Monday, February 26, at 7:30 p.m., at the Lincolnia Senior Center at 4710 N Chambliss St., Alexandria, VA 22312. Remember, all attendees get a pack of 10 free guest passes (1 pack per membership).
(Visit our Membership page for applications and more information on fees and wait-list for Summer 2018!)
2018 Board of Directors (BOD) Nominations
BOD elections occur annually for the pool at the Kickoff Meeting. There are 15 BOD slots. We like to have new BOD members annually. Please consider running for the BOD. If you are interested, please let Dave Galway know. The beginning of the meeting will feature the BOD election.
Off-Season Pool Updates
The BOD has been very active in the off-season with the following updates:
1) Extended the pool deck next to the diving well to provide less cramped seating capacity near both the playground and diving well.
2) Contracted to replace the main and baby pool whitecoats, tile and coping stones. This work will begin in the spring.
3) Removed the old tennis court, leveled and seeded the area. This will be a fenced-in soccer and general activity field.
4) Contracted to renovate the men’s bathroom.
5) Submitted a Request For Proposal to obtain a new pool management company; decision pending by end of January.
Again, I look forward to seeing you February 12 at 7:30 p.m.!
Parklawn Pool President
Parklawn Membership Chairman