Piranhas Swim Team
Fun. Develop. Teamwork.
Our Swim Team offers a fun summer experience! The Parklawn Piranhas Swim Team is a developmental and competitive swim team in the NVSL. We welcome swimmers up to age 18.
Our team focuses on:
- Cultivating a love of swimming
- Providing a supportive environment where swimmers can do their best and improve their swimming skills
- Encouraging sportsmanship and teamwork
- Presenting leadership opportunities
- Offering team-building experiences through pep rallies and social events
Registration is open at piranhas.parklawnpool.org!
Brief swim assessments for new Swim Team members are between 5-7 pm on Tuesday, May 30!
Parent meeting for all Swim Team families is at 7 pm on Tuesday, May 30!
Please see our Swim Team Brochure for detailed information about our team: Parklawn Piranhas Swim Team Brochure
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NVSL League – Summer Season
- Our regular summer season is approximately 9 weeks starting after Memorial Day and ending July 29. We celebrate the end-of-the-season with a swim team banquet on Saturday, July 29. Swimmers who advance to NVSL Individual All Stars will practice for one more week and have a meet on Saturday, August 5. Every year, we will have swimmers who advance to All Stars!
Convenient Practice Times
- We offer both evening and morning practices to accommodate your family’s busy schedule. Evening practices start after Memorial Day. Starting June 19, we offer both morning and evening practices.
Your Swimmer will Swim at Meets
- We have approximately 5 “A” Meets and 4-5 “B” Meets against other NVSL swim teams.
- “A” Meets are held Saturday mornings and “B” Meets are held Monday evenings.
- Our team also participates in a relay carnival where swimmers compete in relay races with their team members.
While coaches select who swims at NVSL “A” Meets, all of our swimmers can and are encouraged to participate in “B” Meets. Our swimmers select the events that they would like to swim at our “B” Developmental Meets (with recommendations from our coaches).
Piranhas Pep Rallies & Fun Outings
- Our Piranhas know how to have fun! Every Friday night during the swim season, we host pep rallies at the pool. Past pep rallies included a Water Balloon Fight, Crazy Hair, Pentathlon Pool Games, Lip Sync/Karaoke, and Cake Bake.
Registration, Fees, and Discounts
- If your family is a new Parklawn Pool member or a family is new to the swim team, the fee is $100 for one child and $150 for two children.
- If your family has one child on the Piranhas Swim Team, the fee is $125.
- The fee increases to $200 for two children on the team. The fee includes a team T-shirt and, for new swim team members only, a swim team cap.
- Swimmers on the team must be members of Parklawn Pool.
Please contact us for information about new swimmer discounts. If you are interested in our Mini-Piranhas developmental team and swim lesson program, please visit our Lessons & Classes page. The Mini-Piranhas developmental team and swim lesson program has different fees, depending on the level of instruction and number of sessions enrolled.
- Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.